Current Location: Just off Clapham Common, London

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Day 219 - Bugger, I screwed it up.

So, I woke up this morning at 0700, 0705 & 0715, turned my alarm off all three times, woke at 0810, packed and ran out of the room and got downstairs at 0820. I had to be up the road for 0740 to catch the bus, so I was quite pissed off. I saw there was a greyhound going north at 0905, so I booked it ($65, bugger), and went to the bus stop. Once there, I saw TJ and Haddy, who seemed remarkably chipper after last night - ahh, to be young again (I'm talking to Will on FB chat right now, having a conversation about feeling old at 23/24).



The bus journey was unremarkable, met someone called Rhiannon who used to work for NOVA in Tokyo, and looks almost exactly like Emily Smith, which is odd. Anyway, watched Night At The Museum on the bus, sat next to a bloke who'd sold up back in Quebec and had used the proceeds to travel for 20 months so far, a year still to come - impressive. Upon my arrival on Magnetic Island I checked into my hostel, and walked into my room to see Marco on one of the beds. He told me that the bus had a problem and didn't in fact leave until 0825 or so this morning, so I could have made it. And I realised it was wednesday, not thursday, so I could have stayed in Airlie for one more night, no worries, and still made it for a night on Magnetic Island and gone to Cairns on friday. Bugger, today has been, all in all, a dead loss. I'm off for an explore and a nap, I've had enough of today.

No comments: