Current Location: Just off Clapham Common, London

Monday, July 7, 2008

Day 267 - Farewell To Isla Vista

As I write this I am sitting in a scuzzy hostel in Miami, and am almost moved to tears by my loneliness. I really miss everyone in IV, and my stomach is hurting in a kind of bad butterflies way as a result. The morning was spent just sort of hanging around, snacking and chatting, as the final few people came to say goodbye to me - Angela & Emerald popped by, and Mike, Sam, Rod and B-Roth took me to the In 'n' out burger for my goodbye lunch, which was delicious, fatty and massive, as I have come to expect from IV food. They very kindly gave me a lift to Goleta station, offered to wait for the train with me (I declined, I had said enough long goodbyes in the last 24 hours) and I got on the train back to LA at 1345. The journey was uneventful, I spent most of the time typing up the last few days and gazing out of the window. Back in LA, I didn't really know where to go, so I headed to the Venice Beach Cotel, stored my luggage, went for a dip in the ocean and tried to contact Nate. I managed to get my phone fixed, which allowed me to call him and arrange for him to come and get me, so I could stay with him one last time. We went out for dinner to a really good Thai place called Toi, we discussed the goings on of the last 10 days, and then went to the otherroom bar for a drink. After one, I offered to get another and Nate proposed a far better idea - going back to his, and playing Rock Band on his XBox. It has a guitar/bass, a drum kit and a microphone, all of which can be used simultaneously. We took turns on guitar (which I sucked at) and drums (which I sucked even more at). After loads of embarrassing failures, I managed to complete a level on the drums on medium difficulty, and we decided to go out on a high. We watched some TV then Nate called it a night, as he had work in the morning. I watched the second half of Jackass 2, finished writing up the last few days and posted them, then settled down on the couch for an extremely sweaty night's sleep.

No comments: