Current Location: Just off Clapham Common, London

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Oversleeping, boating, too hot & too ill


08/06 - I managed to get some little mundane jobs done this morning, and left the house in blazing sunshine at 10 o'clock - it is now 4pm and it is pissing down, I can hear thunder in the distance and I am wearing shorts. I worked until French class, and when I got there I hung out with Efe, Michal and Andrés, all of whom work at CERN, it turns out. Michal hates these classes, and has in fact done the three courses preceding this one, all with Monsieur Barrelet.


09/06 - I failed at today. I had a massive sleep attack, then cleaned up the flat (which was much needed), took in my dry cleaning and arranged a boat trip. At 7pm myself, James, Jody, Dan S and Alex got on a boat with a load of beers and cruised around the lake for an hour. It was really fun, we each had 12 allotted minutes as captain, and we made it pretty far up the lake. After this we went to a pizzeria nearby and had quite a bit of wine then adjourned to Dan H's to watch the original Transformers film with more wine. That film seems odder every time I watch it, for some reason - those of us who hadn't seen it before were throughly confused throughout.


10/06 - I felt pretty awful today. It was 31º in the shade, and my office was quite a bit more than this, I would venture. I had steak and blé for lunch (this is apparently wheat), then I had to go and lie down for a while as I felt really sick. I had a meeting with Veronique and headed to Balexert to try and find some shoes. I failed in this, calling Clare to try and find which shoes were least hideous. Our conclusion was that all men's shoes are awful. I decided to head home, as I did not have the energy for French class, despite seeing three fellow students today, both at CERN and Balexert. On my way home I popped into Manor and got some delicious chorizo focaccia and 12 beers, because they came with a free coolbag. When I got home I fell asleep for an hour, then packed hastily and was asleep by 12 - an early night.

No comments: