Current Location: Just off Clapham Common, London

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Day 230 - A Great Day

Today was pretty awesome really, I spent the morning sorting through my backpack to get rid of some of the crap I have accumulated, and pottered about for a while until Rob came and got me around 4. We went to his friends Dave and Annie's house aand just generally hung out, chatted, watched movies (The Spongebob Squarepants Movie, in fact - much better than I expected) and generally had an awesome chilled out time. Dave was sent to find some snacks and returned with home made fish soup, home baked bread, and an avocado and artichoke heart salad - wow, above and beyond the call of duty. Dave reminds me of a less abusive Hawkins. Also we were treated (and I mean that, no sarcasm whatsoever) to a few of Dave's songs, played acoustic and also through his braand new looping set up, which was pretty impressive. Rob drove me home just after midnight, and we said a good, non-emotional goodbye, with the assurance that we would see each other in the future at some point, no doubt. My abiding memory of the last two days with Rob will be of the INXS song Don't Change (I think that's the title), which I heard at least 5 or 6 times in his presence.

No comments: