Current Location: Just off Clapham Common, London

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Kelly is en route...and in Geneva.


16/03 - I cleaned up the residue of last night's bloody marys before heading out to CERN, which was slightly unpleasant. I met Teresa on the tram, and the basic theme of our chat was that she wants me to do more talks and presentations, ideally one every two weeks or so. My mild hangover and I were alarmed at this, as I have successfully dodged the public speaking bullet on all but two occasions so far.

Paul has very kindly lent Kelly and I his GPS for our trip down to Carcassonne, meaning we save quite a lot on maps and also we have something else to blame if we get lost. I have just left a very long ATLAS weekly meeting, in which I typed up the last few days and occasionally paid attention to what was being discussed. Kelly is en route already but her train is delayed, meaning that she now has 6 minutes instead of 12 to make her connection at Zurich, which may be a bit tight...

...well she made it. She missed her connection and got one half an hour later, so I used the extra half an hour to pick up a Chinese from Boky, a place by the station. It does 'Fondue Chinoise a gogo', which either looks delicious or a bit grimy, I can't quite decide. Thank God she's here now, no more horrible Austria - she seems to have had a terrible four days, doing things she doesn't want to do in a grim mountaintop hotel with a load of pricks she doesn't want to be with. No more of that thank you very much.

No comments: