Current Location: Just off Clapham Common, London

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Making a start & a horrible meal.

08/03 - After the last post, I succeeded in staying at CERN until about 6, when I fled and moped about at home - the most interesting thing that happened was that I managed to eat three thin steaks for dinner, two sliced up in a bowl of noodles, and one just fried, topped with comté and grilled. Delicious.

09/03 - Yesterday I started off with a lecture on dark matter. This has nothing to do with anything I have ever studied, but Teresa recommended it as being an interesting course, so I went along and she was proved right. The speaker, Michael S. Turner, was really animated and almost managed to make me care about cosmology. After a very short lunch I had a pretty good meeting with Teresa in which we figured out what I don't know (loads) and what I need to know (almost as much). I got in contact with Ben, a senior guy in my group, and I was assigned some work to do for a note he's writing - could even get my name on the author list, which would be good. I left just in time to get to Migros, where I bought bananas, beef & socks, and a few bits and pieces which somehow came to CHF 48 - I honestly have no idea what I bought. I also got some cheap wine and beer from Denner, as I figured it's always good to have in the house.

The beef became part of a disastrous beef satay, as I couldn't be arsed to marinate I just kind of tossed everything in, which resulted in me feeling rather ill. Oddly, even though this is only the second day I haven't gone out or seen anyone, I already feel like I am becoming a recluse.

No comments: