Current Location: Just off Clapham Common, London

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Summer comes to Geneva


23/03
- Today wasn't very eventful, as it was taken up mostly with reading and going through code to try and figure out how the hell to do what I am meant to have already done. The most interesting thing about the day was the weather - it was a steady 16º with not a cloud in the sky all day, so I made use of this by doing some reading out in the sun after lunch and by taking the long route home. I picked up a Mike Wong curry on my way home, threw open all my windows, poured myself a glass or two of bag in box, listened to Off The Wall pretty loudly and wrote up the last week on here. Quite a nice evening really.

Oh, I nearly forgot, something else happened today - I had a missed call from a Geneva number earlier, rang them back, encountered a language barrier and thought no more about it. When I got home I was trying to input the advanced passenger information for my flight back on Friday, and couldn't find my passport. I then remembered the phone call, and thought I may have heard the word 'Fust' somewhere in amongst all the French. I bought my replacement phone from there on Monday morning, so I ended up going through the Swiss yellow pages and finding the contact number for the store I had gone to, and found it matched my missed call.

24/03 - I went to Fust in the morning, asked around and got my passport back, which was a big relief. I did some more reading today, had a cured ham pizza for lunch, sat in the sun for a while and then went to the b-tagging meeting at 2 o'clock. This meeting was interminably long, and was still going when I eventually gave up and left at 1810. Ridiculous, what's the point of a 4 1/2 hour meeting? I only made it through because I decided to use my lunch break to lie in the sun and call Clare. It was an incredible day, the place is covered in daffodils, daisies, bluebells and a few wasps, all of which definitely weren't here on Friday.

All the supermarkets had closed by the time I got to them, so I decided to make the best I could out of what I had in the house - I should also mention that an email was sent out today to all the LTA students asking if anyone wanted to buy an oven for CHF 45, which I replied to immediately and very enthusiastically - I am now the proud owner of a big silver electric oven, which is sitting in the corner of my room as there is no space in the kitchen. I was going to just knock up some pasta & pesto but Kelly and Clare are throwing a dinner party in our house in London tonight, making a chorizo stew, so while I was on Skype to them all I made a chorizo and bean mix-up. On their advice I then topped it with loads of gruyère and grilled in the new oven. It is delicious, I will probably eat the whole thing (3 servings, according to the internet) in one go. I am halfway through already...

The Chorizo and Haricot Mélange (with pasta as I had already cooked it).

Greasy close-up.

No comments: