Current Location: Just off Clapham Common, London

Monday, October 29, 2007

Day 19 - Jose's illness, and the Gym

Jose was ill most of the day today, possibly due to an allergic reaction to Mosquito bites. He was sweating, and talking to Leo in Spanish, as well as crying on the phone, most of which he has no memory of. He's better now, but it was pretty worrying for a while. Henry and I went out to the shop just for something to do while he was upset, to give him some space, while Leo stayed behind in case he was worse off than we thought. On the upside, Jose also cooked us chicken and pasta for breakfast, which was really good. They've been drilling on the roof all day, starting at 8:30 am, which has driven Leo and I mental, as there is no escape from the noise, even though they're four floors above us. We went to the Gym earlier, which was the first time in 5 years for me. We did various free weights, then complexes and jogging, until I could take no more. Leo was advising me on the best fat burning exercises, and what to do to build muscle - I appear to have a personal trainer. It felt good, too, which I wasn't expecting. A new type of tired that I'm not used to.

No comments: