Current Location: Just off Clapham Common, London

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Day 69 - Leaving Tokyo, arriving in Bangkok

Soon after writing my last post I went to the bar at the Aussie's Hostel, called 23 bar. Seemed OK, and had 3 drinks for 1000 yen, which is not to be sniffed at. On my way to and from there I saw an amazing building - I think it's the head office of Asahi Breweies, and looks like it has a giant flame on top. Also on my way home I went to Denny's for a steak, and to contemplate Tokyo for the last time. In the morning I made it to the Post Office, posted all my warm stuff home, and made it to the airport with plenty of time to spare. So far, so uneventful...

The flight was fine, I watched Shoot 'Em Up (ridiculous and violent), Stardust (good, with an amazing british cast, and De Niro), Hairspray (ridiculous but entertaining) and most of the Bourne Ultimatum (awesome, but got cut off before the end). The only unusual thing that happened was that the old Japanese woman next to me was sick, as in actually throwing up, for pretty much the whole journey. Made me realise I have never seen an old woman throw up before...

Guesthouse seems nice, but it's just for one night if I can get hold of Kate.

No comments: