Current Location: Just off Clapham Common, London

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Day 72 - Chatuchak

I'm writing this on the 3rd of January, so I'll be very brief - We got up earlyish to get the 10am bus to Chatuchak Market, where you can supposedly buy anything. The girls were a bit keener than Matt, Ville and I, but we spent the whole day there. Apparently they had a baby elephant in the pet section recently, but I didn't see any. Boxes and boxes of puppies though. It was also the hottest day so far in Thailand, meaning I was drenched in sweat for every second I wasn't in the shade. Nice. A couple of interesting transport options - the Thai Police, in their tight black uniforms with guns and aviators, were riding around the market on Segways, possibly tyhe most inefficient mode of transport in existence. Also, we managed to cram all 5 of us into one Tuk-tuk for the journey home, which was both awesome and terrifying.The guys all left for Koh Phangan about 5ish, I went to sleep until 9, meaning I was completely out of my sleep pattern, but as I was about to spend 24 hours on planes etc. it didn't seem so important

No comments: