Current Location: Just off Clapham Common, London

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Day 70 Part 2 - Bugger

After talking to the lovely people at Jal for ages, trying to build
Seoul into my flight plan, I headed back and phoned Clare, only to
break down a bit, which was somewhat unexpected. I asked her advice
on what I should do - wait here, go to Krabi and find Kate, go to
Seoul, or come home, listed in order of increasing inconvenience. In
hindsight, I should have probably phoned an impartial advisor, like
Jack or Eddie maybe - Clare persuaded me to come home for a week, with
relatively reasoned argument, and we then went about the business of
booking a ticket for the 23rd on Qatar airways, coming back on the
29th, meaning I'll hopefully have enough time to get to (insert
destination here - still not too sure) for NYE.

Annoyingly, almost immediately after we booked the tickets, I went
downstairs and met two couples - Matt and Bel from Ireland/NZ, and
Ville and Cecilia from Finland. They met today on the plane from
Calcutta, and are going to Koh Phangan for Christmas. They told me to
come with them, tell Clare I'd met the love of my life or something,
but when she rang I couldn't do it. Shortly after finalising the
flight I got two facebook messages - one from Leo, Henry and Jim
telling me to come to Seoul, and one from Kate telling me where she
was staying and how to get there. Finally I got a message from Clare,
saying "Ha, you coming home seems a bit mental now doesn't it. We are
the worst at getting caught up in moments." Indeed we are. I really
must relearn patience, willpower and trust, or I may well repeat this
ridiculous situation. To soothe my baffled brain, me and the couples
drink a load of beers (they haven't drunk for four months in India!)
and go out for street food, while discussing plans for tomorrow.

No comments: