Current Location: Just off Clapham Common, London

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Day 73 - Flights and London

Once again, I'll be brief - I was up at 5 to get my taxi, met an English guy in the departure lounge with whom I discussed Japanese culture, and who later came and gave me a Valium on the plane. As a result the rest of the flight flew by, Doha was pretty dull, looking out of the window it is entirely sand, apart from the occasional wealthy Oasis of green, and one McDonalds right by the airport.

In London I was greeted by Jack (as expected) and Josh (big surprise!) who had made me a sign and everything. We got the tube to Oxford Street and went to a very London pub on a very foggy day, nice and stereotypical. I got the train home at 9, and met a couple called Max and Mika, who had a fake baby Panda in a box. Max and I talked about Mario, the concepts behind theories and hypotheses, and 10 dimensional space, which was really cool and made the journey fly by. When I arrived at home, Mum was really happy and surprised, so it's all been worth it.

No comments: