Current Location: Just off Clapham Common, London

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Day 70 - Where's Kate?

I have spent all of today trying to find Kate. Trouble is, I have no way of contacting her apart from facebook, which is proving useless. I have also tried Jan, who I think is still in Thailand, and also Chris and Katie, friends of Kate's from uni, but all to no avail. I was going to fly down to Krabi today to find her, but that hasn't happened. I just spent an hour or so with the wonderful people at JAL trying to re-jig my ticket so that I could fly back to Seoul for a week, but that didn't work out - I am on standby for a ticket tomorrow night, which is a bit expensive, but better than Christmas on my own.

I even considered flying back home, but that's 561 quid that I don't think I have, although it's hard to put a price on christmas... I keep trying to remind myself that it's just another day, I have never felt this strongly about it before, but also a christmas day alone has never been a possibility either. Hmm, this isn't helping my burgeoning homesickness.

No comments: