Current Location: Just off Clapham Common, London

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Day 25 - A night at Mike's, an evening at the Tower

I picked Pat up with no problems, and after a Soju or two on the train we went to Mike's Cabin, a bar in Sinchon owned by a Korean American (called Mike) who the guys met at the hostel, when he was staying there for a week to escape from his girlfriend. It's a really cool place, and was packed out with westerners, most of whom seemed pretty cool. Leo and Pat got deeply involved in some discussion or other, although Pat later confessed that he may well have been repeatedly contradicting and repeating himself, which probably fuelled Leo's frustration. We stayed there until about four (very impressive stamina from Pat, I must say), when I realised that, distracted by talking to a girl called Shannon, I had failed to notice Pat and Henry's departure. I dashed outside to see them getting into a cab, so I hopped in the other side, terrifying Pat, who thought I was just a random Korean.

Sunday afternoon Pat, Jim and I headed down to the river for a walk in the sun, which was really nice, and Pat and I headed off to Seoul Tower with the intention of catching sunset from the top. Due to a combination of poor directions and a lack of knowledge of where the hell the tower was, we missed sunset by a long time, and ended up getting a cab all the way up the mountain (where only buses are allowed to drive, oops). It was entirely worth it though, as can be seen below.


To quote Clare, "Are you a superhero? This looks like the city in which a superhero might live."

Or, from the slightly more alarmist Birdie, "It looks like something from the future!! Ahhh!"

No comments: