Current Location: Just off Clapham Common, London

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Day 35/36 - Beowulf, and Illness...

Wednesday was the smoggiest day so far, so much so that when Jim and I walked to the World Cup Stadium along the river, you could look directly at the sun with no problems, it was just an orange orb in a yellowy sky. After filling up on the free samples at the World Cup Mall Supermarket, Jim and I ate Sushi which may account for the slight digestive problems I'm currently suffering from - everything else I have eaten in the last two days I have cooked, so by process of elimination... Also Brian keeps remarking that I'm a cook, based on the fact that I have knocked up some tofu & Surimi egg fried rice and some pasta with a spicy tuna sauce. Hardly a chef, but I do seem to cook more than anyone else here.

Today Leo and I went to the Irish embassy to pick up his new passport, only to find that he's forgotten his old passport (again), meaning that we had to phone Henry and get him to come and drop it off. He did so, but not before inserting two pictures of crudely drawn Phalluses into the passport. One of these was removed before handing it in to be cancelled, but the other somehow remained in until the lady at the embassy returned the passport to Leo. Luckily she didn't see it, as I am not sure what the very conservative Korean culture's reaction to knob doodles would be...

We went for coffee on our way to the cinema to watch Beowulf (this may also be the cause of my illness, on second thoughts), only to find we had mucked up the timings (again!), so we bought tickets for the 10pm showing. It was at the IMAX, in 3D, and was absolutely incredible. I'm not sure how well it would have stood up without the 3D, but we were all very impressed. It was as near to photorealism as I've seen CGI so far. Also they show an astonishing amount of violence and Angelina-based nudity. Geek out over. I also managed to change my flight, to noon on Monday, but I'm on standby for the 1800 flight with Henry. Fingers crossed...

1 comment:

clareprose said...

not sure i fancy beowulf myself. looks a bit medieval. and we didn't realise it was cgi for a while, so just thought everyone was all weird and broken.
jess and ami left today, i came home, finished my book (star's tennis balls - it made me hurt) and then had a nice nap. very tired, they made me leave the house and go places. i had a dream about cereal, i ate loads of it, so now am going to the shops to get some food. haven't eaten at home since last sunday. woohoo! xxx