Current Location: Just off Clapham Common, London

Monday, November 19, 2007

Day 40- Leaving Seoul

Monday was a sad day. We all went to our local Ramen etc. place for a takeaway lunch, which was to be my final meal in Korea for (I suspect) a very long time. Leo repeatedly told me I wasn't going to Japan, I should just hang around in Seoul for longer, maybe get a teaching job. I would be happy to do so if I didn't want to get to Thailand and start diving (and if it wasn't so bloody cold) - It's odd, Japan almost seems like an obstacle to this, rather than a unique and bizarre country to explore, but maybe this is just the cold talking.

The flights all went perfectly to plan, Henry and I had loads of time, got two exit seats, I hired a Japanese sim card (09017949910, country code +81. You could call me from a mobile or landline through first number for between 13 & 15p a minute you know), and Henry very kindly lent me his phone for the duration of my stay here. We made it all the way to Kita-Tatsumi subway station, only to find no answer from Les... After a half-hour wait we got a call, it turns out her phone was on the blink, and she lives directly above the station, so all's well. Les says she'll get me a key cut, so I reckon that means I now live in Japan.

No comments: