Current Location: Just off Clapham Common, London

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Day 32 - Happy Pepero Day!


Today I saw the oddest thing I have yet seen in Korea - we were walking around a new area of Honggik, when we saw a dog grooming parlour, with the door to the back room open. When I peered through, I saw a woman in a surgical mask very precisely shaving the arse of a tiny dog, as can be seen in the photo. This country is so wierd. We went for a visit to Myeong-dong, a fairly nice Commercial district with narrow streets and no traffic - street food stalls line the streets, and every building seems to be a clothing store. Apparently today was Pepero Day, one of the oddest festivals I've heard of - it's like Valentine's day, but entirely centred around one type of confection, the stick-like Pepero. You can buy gift sets of loads of boxes of Pepero taped together into heart shapes and so on, which you can then shower onto loved ones. An odd day.

No comments: