Current Location: Just off Clapham Common, London

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Day 30/31 - Pat's last day, and my exhaustion

Pat's last day was a reasonably productive one. We went to Gangnam, the posh bit of Seoul, with Jim, to look for a present for Pat's girlfriend. We searched through the Galleria department store, which was full of Chanel and Tiffany etc., which was slightly out of Pat's price range. We looked in the Lonely Planet for a Korean designer shop, which turned out to contain only men's clothing. Defeated, we walked through the horrible rain to another shop, where Pat bought a bag which "she'll hate, but it's the thought that counts".

We met Leo for a cocktail, chosen and paid for by Pat. He chose: Fuck You (Jim), Sex History (Me) and Matrix Revolutions (Leo). Afterwards Pat and I went for the best Korean BBQ I've had yet, featuring Soju, ribs and wafer thin slices of frozen sirloin. We met the others in Honggik for a few drinks, on the understanding that Pat and I were to be at home by half one, as he had to be up at half 6 for his flight. About 3 am he asked me if I would come to the airport with him, as noone ever says goodbye (ahh). We made it to bed at 5, were up at half 6, and made it to the airport in plenty of time, thanks to a 60000 won cab ride, which Jim assured us would be about 20000. They wouldn't let Pat on the plane as he didn't have a flight out of Singapore, so we, horribly hungover, had to go down to an internet cafe and trawl through his hotmail to find a reciept, which she accepted. I fell asleep on the bus back to town, missing my stop by half an hour and having to get a cab back. Needless to say, I had a somewhat woozy day, and slept for 12 hours while everyone else went out.

1 comment:

clareprose said...

this entry made me ill. being hungover is bad xx