Current Location: Just off Clapham Common, London

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Day 34 - Happy Birthday Mum!


Today we went to Yongsan again, to get Henry's phone fixed. I did a bit of haggling and bought myself a Samsung NV20 Camera, as recommended by Pat. It seems pretty incredible, has a remote control and so on, and loads of other features I haven't yet discovered. We were looking around the I-Park mall, and we found the E-Stadium, where they play televised Starcraft which seems to be on all the time. As we were the only westerners in the (mostly female) audience, we were filmed, and possibly made it onto Korean TV! Also we went to the big E-Mart in the basement, and bought (partly by accident) a 2.7 l bottle of 30% Soju for 6,900 won. That works out as about 50p a pint, for extra strong Soju! Apparently it's part of a kit intended for making your own fruit Soju, which would explain the 2 bags of sugar which came with it.
I also tried to change my flight to Japan to monday, but the lady on the phone said my ticket was so complicated that she had to check the regulations and call me back. She did not do so. I chose my ticket precisely because it was easy to change the dates, so this obviously annoyed me somewhat.

No comments: