Current Location: Just off Clapham Common, London

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Day 100/101 - Woohoo!

Wow, that was a pretty awesome day. Dave went off to get his suit pretty early, and I read my book and dozed by the pool for a few hours. I texted the girl I met at Culture One (Marie) to tell her I was leaving Bangkok and it was a pity we didn't meet up again, she promptly replied and said she'd been trying to reach me yesterday, and did I fancy going out for a drink with her and some mates. When Dave eventually returned, we discussed this and after dinner and a fond farewell, (which included some really in depth discussion of past relationships, for some reason), I went off to RCA to meet Marie and co. On the way there I was chatting to the cabbie, and he asked if I wanted 'boom-boom' and proffered a variety of postcards of girls - I politely declined, and had a small nap instead. RCA is a mental street of bars, often with many sharing the same entrance before becoming a bewildering array of music and lights, including a live band in the toilet of Route 66. After chatting to Marie for a bout 5 minutes, I mentioned I might go to Phi Phi tomorrow, to which she replied "come to Koh Chang instead, we're going for the weekend!" After about 2 seconds of deliberation I accepted this offer, as it was my favourite place when I was here before. We had a really cool evening together, and I think I'll be meeting her after Uni today maybe, it's all an exciting mystery...

No comments: