Current Location: Just off Clapham Common, London

Friday, January 11, 2008

Day 85-7 - Luang Prabang

Day 85 - More Travel

We got the slow boat to Luang Prabang, which was much the same deal as yesterday. On arrival in Luang prabang we went out for dinner and a couple of beers, however Laos has a curfew, meaning everything closed around half eleven. Caught out, we had to get one for the road and go and drink it in our room, rubbish!


Day 86 - Minor Annoyance
I got up and wandered the streets today, went up the hill in the middle of the town for the amazing views. I got the impression from Katie last night that they'd prefer me not to be tagging along with them, which is fair enough but came as a bit of surprise. I bumped into Chris and we discussed this, so I have started making other plans, maybe I'll do a mahout course, or cruise down the Mekong to Vientiane. We sat by the river and drank until sunset, and had the same curfew problem again. The others are off to vang vieng tomorrow, and I haven't seen Jim all day.

Day 87 - Kuang Si Falls

Chris and Katie have gone, however Jim met some Aussies last night, who were going to the Waterfalls today - I went too, it was one of the highlights of my trip so far. It was tunningly beautiful, so mucch so that it didn't seem real in the slightest, it looked like a film set or part of a caribbean resort. There was also a tiger and some bears in a rescue centre at the bottom. Have a look at the photos, they don't quite get the beauty acrosss, but they'll do. There was a rope swing over one of the swimming holes, from which Joel managed to do some backflips. After overnapping massively, aand therefore missing the opportunity to book a ticket to Vang Vieng with the others, we went out to the Lao Lao gardens and I found where everyone goes after curfew - bowling! We went there until 2am, and displayed an awful lack of skills - I came second, with the pathetic score of 76.

No comments: