Current Location: Just off Clapham Common, London

Friday, January 4, 2008

Day 78-80 - Hippying about.

Well, the last few days in Pai have consisted of wandering around the town, going on motorbike (well, mine's more of a scooter really) adventures, and drinking in Irie every night.

Day 78 - Wednesday was really quiet, mainly because everyone who had bikes went out on little missions, leaving me and Katie a bit stranded, so I just read (Intelligent Life is really good, thanks Clare) until the evening when we celebrated Chris' birthday at midnight with a load of buckets, before going onto Pong's bar for a couple of hours.

Day 79 - Yesterday was Chris' birthday, so we attempted to go to some hot springs in the morning, but failed as the car couldn't get up the road, so we went to Pailand instead, which is beautiful. It's a series of bamboo buildings, surrounded by rice fields with horses in them, and mountains. We sat around a fire on a bamboo platform and watched the sunset, which was incredible. After a few drinks at Irie we went and watched some live music at Reggae Place, which was really nice - just the band and about 15 people watching, sitting around a fire (again) on bamboo matting.

Day 80 - Today we went for an awesome breakfast just outside Pai, which had baked beans in it - everyone else was more excited than me, but they have been away longer. I have just been on a small adventure on my bike, out towards Chang Mai for 20 km or so, past all the Elephant camps and up into the hills a bit, to gain more confidence on my bike. I'm now off back to Irie to corral people into going to Pai Canyon for sunset. Oh, apparently I'm going to Laos tomorrow - I voiced an interest in going before I realised how soon we were going. I'll be back here around the 10th of february though I think, for the 'Combat Global Warming Raggae Festival'. Damn Hippies.

No comments: