Current Location: Just off Clapham Common, London

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Day 77 - Hangover and adventures

New year's day was a bit of a write-off. We eventually made it out about half 4, headed up the hill to try and find some cheap/free hot springs, and found elephant farms and the temple on top of the hill, just in time for sunset, and petted some elephants on the way back. We went out to a place called Reggae Place after dinner, and got chatting to a really cool, if slightly bonkers Nepalese guy. We (Sam, Catherine, Chris and I) were all talking about, well, everything, for ages, then went back to Irie and watched Jackass 2, which was quite the antithesis of the rest of our evening. I am thinking I might get myself a motorbike for the next few days, as it makes it so much easier to get around, rather than relying on lifts all the time. Oh, also I'm out of my tent, and sharing a room with Emily, which will hopefully be a bit comfier than my little sauna.

(Sorry these are all so brief, I'm trying to catch up on a week or so)

1 comment:

clareprose said...

EEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSS????!!!!!?????!!!!!

are you kidding? you touched an elephant? a real elephant, with hairy skin and a big long nose? with your actual hand? this is the most exciting thing you have ever done. xx