Current Location: Just off Clapham Common, London

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Day 108 - Planning and Chilling

So we went to the pool today, although I couldn't swim due to my knee, and discussed what to do - due to the state of my leg I don't think we'll be trekking in the national park with Marie's friends, instead we might go back to Asha, where I was staying before, as the guards at Marie's tried to charge me 500 Baht for staying last night, and did so to another girl as well - apparently this has never been an issue before, so they must be having a crackdown of sorts. Also, Asha is a better place from which to explore bits of Bangkok we haven't seen, as I'm not sure if Salaya is even in Bangkok.

We ended up paying the 500 Baht, as it was easier than arguing, and was only 19 Baht more than going and getting an aircon room at Asha. In the evening we went to a place called Rob's Bar, run by a guy who is a student at the Uni, and also went to King's Bruton, and knows my mate Rob Child! Wierd. They had an open mic night on which mainly consisted of a chap called John from Derby singing various songs by the Beatles, Arctic Monkeys, Kings of Leon and a few others. I enjoyed it a lot, the international students seem like a cool bunch.

No comments: