Current Location: Just off Clapham Common, London

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Day 119/120 - All's quiet on the beach

Yesterday Jan and I went to Sunflower Bar for a drink, and watched some girls walking in across the sand - they were topless, and one was a little shyer than the others and was covering herself up. They were miles away, so we were talking about them, and they all happened to look round just as I pointed at them and said loudly "do you mean that one or that one?" They all saw us looking and pointing at them - they all became rather shy after that.

We went to Ciao Bella for pizza (mine had anchovies and gorgonzola, it was wonderful and massive), and after Jan finished his second shift at the shop we went back to Sunflower with Rory, a scottish guy Jan wworks with who left today, and a few more of his workmates. There was a wicvked live band on, and a girl doing amazing things with a hula hoop - apparently she performs on the beach with a flaming one, or something like that. We met some pretty cool people, and Rory fell opver a lot, before wandering home, stealing my new flip flops, and leaving his sandals (they're rather nice BIrkenstock rip-offs, I'm going to take care of them until he returns).

So today I was awoken at 8 by maniacal hammering, and I was still a bit drunk and therefore unable to find my earplugs/get up/do anything about it. Having suffered through this I went for breakfast and lay on the beach, and read the entirety of Man Without a Country by Kurt Vonnegut. I came by the dive shop later just in time to start watching the videos for the course, so that got a couple of hours out of the way. Afterwards Jan, his friend Rich and I went for a wander around the Island, dropping in on various places and checking them out, Tiger Bar was packed, and I got a bit drunker than I meant to and had to take myself home.

No comments: