Current Location: Just off Clapham Common, London

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Day 121 - In the water!

Today we started the dive training - after another ridiculous video and a test or two (I got 29/30, go me!) we got fitted up for all our gear and went for our first confined water dive on the beach. Even though it was on the pier side of the island, not too deep, we still saw various Wrasses, Parrot Fish, Clown Fish, Siam Tiger Fish and a load of other cool stuff. We did OK, Wade (the instructor) seems pretty pleased with our progress, it was all manageable (except for taking your mask on and off underwater, my nose went wierd and I didn't like that bit much) and tomorrow we're off on the boat at 9 for our first proper dive! Awesome.

We were all done by 2 o'clock so I went and read on the beach, and met up with Jan later to go to a few bars, and as we walked around town getting a beer in each I realised that I probably shouldn't be doing this the day before my first dive. We saw a cool fire show at Hippies Bar, before I decided it was time to take myself home for a rest.

No comments: