Current Location: Just off Clapham Common, London

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Day 127 - What to do on the last day...

I awoke today all packed, and consequently able to move across to the dorm at The Rock, thereby saving myself 450 baht. I should have done this when I got here, damn my laziness. I went to the beach in front of Princess rsort, where there was some sort of birthday party going on by the pool, playing pretty good music, so it was a good place to lie around. I found Druce and Will after they'd finished their training, hung out with Jan a bit and didn't really achieve much. I did however have a good chance meeting - as I walked out of the Hostel I saw Brad and Joel (two of the Aussies from Laos) having dinner, so I went and sat on Joel's lap to surprise him, which it certainly did.

They agreed to come out for drinks later, which we had at Rolling Stoned bar - we went there to see the live band, but apparently the singer has a bad throat, so we played Jenga and Connect 4 with the waitress for a bit, before heading to Reggae Bar (against Jan's protestations) where we saw a staged Muay Thai fight, followed by three pretty gnarly ones - you get a free bucket if you fight your friend there, so we saw two female and one male fight. The guys were pretty lame, they had clearly prearranged no kicking or something, so it wasn't too exciting. The girls, on the other had, really went for it, smacking the crap out of each other. It was compelling, in a "this is really wrong and they only get a 2 quid bucket out of it but I can't look away" sort of way. We went up to the dancefloor above, although Druce and Will sensibly went home as they are diving tomorrow, in spite of the beckonings of Sana, a hot Swedish friend of Jan's. It was free bucket time upstairs, so inevitably carnage ensued. At a later poit I found myself in a chair on the beach being hailed by Jan and Sana - I have little recollection of how I got there, but I was completely sober the instant I began talking to them. Odd...

No comments: