Current Location: Just off Clapham Common, London

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Day 122 - Happy Valentine's Day!

An early and somewhat heavy-headed start to today, I had to be up at 8 to get to the shop by 9. We headed straight out, and I was sick within about half an hour of starting our journey, partly due to last night/seasickness/the green tea latte I foolishly had for breakfast. We dived at Bida Nok, practiced some skills and saw Trumpet & Cornet fish, giant Moray Eels, Marbled Groupers, Moorish Idols, Clark's Anemonefish and Clownfish, among thousands of others - at some point the water around us was so full of sish you could barely see 3m. We had to do a swimtest before lunch, just twice around the boat and then tread water for 10 minutes, but I found this exhausting and nearly collapsed when we got out. I am rubbish. In the afternoon we did more skills then dived at Malong, and saw aload more cool stuff, including Clown Angler/Frogfish, Lionfish (which were awesome), various Puffers and Porcupinefish, and two hawkbill turtles, which were about three feet long and eating bubble coral on the bottom - they seemed entirely unconcerned by our presence, and just swam slowly by.

We were all done by 3, so I went and read some more and dozed on the beach, before returning to the shop to pick up Jan and head out. We went to a few places, most notably Tiger bar which had, allegedly, Ibiza DJs on. It was ok, I kept getting flirty glances and smiles and occasionally danced with a girl who may or may not have been with her boyfriend - there was a guy lurking about who she obviously knew, but who was half glaring at me to warn me off and half ignoring me, which I found very confusing. I left Jan there about 2am, to avoid feeling as bad as I did this morning.

1 comment:

clareprose said...

MORAY EELS ARE IN MY TOP 3 WORST EVER. i have dyed my hair bright orange. xx