Current Location: Just off Clapham Common, London

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Day 124 - Misunderstandings and Snuss

I completely forgot, after leaving Tiger I headed to Carlitos where I saw some american guys who volunteer in Thailand and are on holiday here, who I met on Friday night, just before the JP incident. One of them thought I was a dick, and when I asked her friend why, he referred me to a conversation we'd had - I bumped into her in the street, she said "What is it that brings us together again?" or something to that effect, to which I replied "Misfortune." She thought I meant it ws unfortunate to see her again, I meant that I was there as we had to leave Sunflower after JP was possibly racially abused, which is clearly unfortunate. She subsequently thought me less of a dick, I'm glad we got that cleared up.

As we walked home we stopped for a sandwhich, and met some really odd Swedish guys, whose English was so perfect they had started their own slang, called Swenglish, which mainly involved using incorrect conjugations, much to their delight. They had some Snuss (sic?), which I had not had since being on German Exchange in '98 (the kids we were staying with all used it, so we bought some home and used it now and again, mainly when trying to look cool and impressive - nothing imprsss more than a big gob of tobacco on your gums and teeth. We were idiots) or thereabouts, so the guy took some out (a Rookie Portion, apparently), and I popped it under my lip. About 10 minutes later I suddenly felt absolutely blasted, even though I had been fine before, and so I quickened my pace ahead of the Americans so I could get home fast. I was not fast enough, as I had to find a spot on the beach where I could lie down in the shadow of a Longtail Boat, and have a good old sweat. For maybe 20 minutes I was lyng there breathing as deeply as I could and soaked in sweat, when all of a sudden the feeling passed as rapidly as it had come on. I suppose it was just a really intense Nicotine buzz, or whatever it is that Snuss does to you. Either way, I won't be trying that again any time soon.

No comments: