Current Location: Just off Clapham Common, London

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Day 124-5 - Beach Days, and Drucey!

Day 124 (Saturday 16th) - Beached

I got up late today, by which I mean about 9 - it's impossible to sleep longer here, as there ios always nonsense going on outside. I headed down to the beach around 11 and remained there until sunset, reading. As the sun went behind the hills Andrew, Wade and a few other locals came out and played Volleyball (very seriously I might add) until dark, which was entertaining to watch. I went for an all you can eat Japanese/Thai/BBQ by the beach, and in the evening Jan and I met up with his friend who's leaving soon, before heading to Tiger Bar with his friend Rich and 8 of his mates, all of whom were drinking buckets (they had a 5l one when we met them) amd were consequently completely screwed, far more than Jan or I could keep up with. Oh, my face has gone a wierd shade of purple due to my time in the sun, which looks a bit odd...

Day 125 (Sunday 17th) - Druce!

Today I went down to the beach again, and read and slept all day. In the evening I checked my emails to discover that James Druce, as in Drucey from school who I haven't seen in 7 years, is on the island. I immediately rushed to find him, and we had an awesome time trying to catch up on 7 years of life - although that was probably rather dull for his mate Will. We went for 100 baht steak burgers and then headed to sunflower, where we met JP and Jan. The strangest thing happened while we were there; Will walked off, supposedly to the toilet, and soon after JP said "hey Matt -your boy's gone down". We looked around and saw Will had collapsed through the drumkit, and was lying, arms by his sides, completely unconcious on top of the Mic stand. We went over to pick him up, while on of the Thai staff told Will that he could sing if he wanted, he only had to ask. We carried him across to a sun lounger, and he passed out again on the way. 10 minutes later he was fine, which made it all very odd, Apparently it's only happened once before, also in Thailand in Kanchanaburi. While sitting on the loungers we had a long talk with JP about everything, which caused Druce to be incredibly interested and effusive on every subject. 2 o'clock rolled around, and we headed to Funky's where there was allegedly music 'til 5, to find that the music had been shut off, and the place was just full of wasted folk who had heard the same rumour, so we called it a night.

No comments: